CEU alumni may require an Apostille of their diploma and/or transcript when applying for further studies or jobs (in particular Ph.D. programs and jobs in public institutions). The Apostille is valid in countries that are signatories to the “Convention de la Haye du 5 oct 1961”. The list of signatories can be found at:
The procedure to obtain an Apostille is the following:
- Send the original diploma (and transcript if requested) to Gabriella Kulik at the CEU Student Records Office (address: Nador 9, Budapest 1051, Hungary; email: firstname.lastname@example.org). We strongly advise that you use secure postal methods, for instance certified or expedited mail, when sending their diplomas/transcripts to CEU.
- Your are asked to state in a separate email or enclosed letter the country where the Apostille will be used.
- If you do not have an original transcript and need an Apostille of it, a new original copy can be requested at https://payments.ceu.edu. Transcripts cost 4 EUR.
- For the Apostille 60 EUR/document (diploma and transcript) should be paid through our online paying system: https://payments.ceu.edu. If the Apostille has to be posted an additional 30 EUR is to be paid for postage by DHL through the same link.
- Apostilles are returned to SRO after they are prepared by the relevant authorities and SRO forwards them back to via DHL. In your original request, you are kindly requested to include the address you would like to receive the ‘Apostilled’ documents at, as well as your current phone number in the comments section.
In case of any further questions please write an email to Registry@ceu.edu.