This section provides information about visa application and residence requirements in Hungary for all newly accepted CEU students.


For information and instructions on what you need to do before coming to Hungary, please consult the website of the Admissions Office.


For the entire duration of their studies (i.e. for any period exceeding 3 months) a residence permit is required for all non EEA-citizens (in Hungarian: "tartózkodási engedély"). For EEA-citizens (with the exception of Hungarian students) a registration card (in Hungarian: "regisztrációs igazolás") is required.

For further information please select the category which applies to you: