Savannah Carr-Wilson (MESPOM ‘17) has co-authored a report, entitled “Awash with Opportunity: Ensuring the sustainability of British Columbia’s new water law,” analyzing the potential of Canada’s new water law: the Water Sustainability Act.
The 2015 Electoral Committee at CEU announced the results of the 2015 Student Union Elections. Congratulations to the new President and Vice President of CEU's Student Union, Zola Valashiya and Nilofer Habibullah!
Andras Hann, MA student in the Department of Economics, published an article on Hungarian news portal magyarnarancs.hu about the planned congestion charge in Budapest. Hann argues for the need of such an initiative, providing also an overview of other European cities’ practice in this issue.
For more information (in Hungarian) see http://magyarnarancs.hu/lokal/jon-a-dugodij-kell-ez-nekunk-96541
Linda Szabo, doctoral student in the Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology, wrote a summary about the hundred-year history of Budapest’s 8th district, the most deprived part of the Hungarian capital. Szabo has been doing research focusing on the interplay between urban restructuring and ethnic diversity in a Central Eastern European context.
"To discover and appreciate diversity is a journey,” says Nilofer Khan Habibullah, one-year MAPP student, of her poem “Diversity," which she performed at the SPP Welcome Reception on September 16.
Changes in EU and Hungarian Asylum Policies Are Needed, CEU Team Finds at 2015 Allianz Summer Academy
Five CEU students and recent graduates investigated "how EU values connect with crisis responses in asylum policy, and how these responses are received and translated in the national arena through the critical case of Hungary" in Open Borders, Closed Minds: EU Asylum Policy in Crisis, their final report presented on August 2 at the Allianz Summer Academy on Europe (ASA).
CEU PhD student Anna Burger's research on extreme working hours in Europe is featured in The Economist.
“As a Nepali, I felt like I had a family at CEU. Everyone gave their all to help fundraise even though it was a busy time of the school year,” said Shaileshwori Sharma (MPA ’16). Shaileshwori was part of a team of CEU students that initiated a fundraising campaign to help communities in need in Nepal when the country was hit by the worst earthquake in its history in April this year.
Twenty-two students from 11 universities traveled to Budapest, Hungary last week to participate in the Open Society Internship for Rights and Governance (OSIRG) – an experience that Rumbidzai Masango (MPA ’15), one of last year’s students, described as “mind-blowing.” This is the third year that the ...
Former and current Roma Access Programs (RAP) students Semiha Harapi (RGPP '15), Sebijan Fejzula (RGPP '13), and Eva Csiki (RAP '09), and RAP Director Matyas Szabo met Beth Fernandez, program officer at Sigrid Rausing Trust (SRT). From 2014, RAP have developed a SRT-CEU pilot internship grant program, specially designed to facilitate the access to real-world work experience in order to enhance RAP students’ applications for further study or meaningful employment. The initiative is in its second year, and the results are extremely promising.
Filter by year
- (-) Remove 2015 filter 2015
- September 2015 2 Apply September 2015 filter
- October 2015 3 Apply October 2015 filter
- May 2015 4 Apply May 2015 filter
- March 2015 3 Apply March 2015 filter
- June 2015 6 Apply June 2015 filter
- July 2015 1 Apply July 2015 filter
- January 2015 1 Apply January 2015 filter
- February 2015 1 Apply February 2015 filter
- December 2015 1 Apply December 2015 filter
- April 2015 5 Apply April 2015 filter
Filter by Unit
- Department of Public Policy 12 Apply Department of Public Policy filter
- Department of Medieval Studies 4 Apply Department of Medieval Studies filter
- 37 3 Apply 37 filter
- Department of International Relations 2 Apply Department of International Relations filter
- Department of Political Science 2 Apply Department of Political Science filter
- 59 1 Apply 59 filter
- 320 1 Apply 320 filter
- Academic Cooperation and Research Support Office 1 Apply Academic Cooperation and Research Support Office filter
- Department of Economics and Business 1 Apply Department of Economics and Business filter
- Department of Environmental Sciences and Policy 1 Apply Department of Environmental Sciences and Policy filter
- Department of Gender Studies 1 Apply Department of Gender Studies filter
- Department of History 1 Apply Department of History filter
- Department of Legal Studies 1 Apply Department of Legal Studies filter
- Department of Philosophy 1 Apply Department of Philosophy filter
- Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology 1 Apply Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology filter
- Doctoral School of Political Science, Public Policy, and International Relations 1 Apply Doctoral School of Political Science, Public Policy, and International Relations filter
- Nationalism Studies Program 1 Apply Nationalism Studies Program filter
- Romani Studies Program 1 Apply Romani Studies Program filter
- Student Recruitment 1 Apply Student Recruitment filter
- Student Services Office 1 Apply Student Services Office filter
- The Office for Hungarian Affairs 1 Apply The Office for Hungarian Affairs filter