University-wide Courses (UWC) represent an initiative at CEU that aims to bring together faculty and students from across academic programs to explore a topic of common interest. Some of the core features of such courses are the following:
- UWC are interdepartmental by design. Academic staff members from at least two different units have been involved in developing the syllabus of the course.
- UWC are diverse. Some courses deal with contemporary academic topics, some foster the research skills of our students, and others offer practical skills to support the students’ future career.
- UWC are co-taught. Courses are taught by several academic staff members, and in some cases external guest are also invited as lecturers.
- UWC are open to all students. All CEU students (including non-degree students) have the possibility to register for the courses they consider interesting or useful.
University-wide Courses in Fall 2023/2024:
- UWC 5010 - Introduction to Geospatial Data Visualization I
- UWC 5014 - Fundamentals of Documentary Filmmaking
- UWC 5019 - Audio Production
- UWC 5020 - Introduction to Geospatial Data Visualization II
- UWC 5023 - The 'Future of Europe': Europeanship Multi-Campus Course (University-wide CIVICA Course)
- UWC 5027 - Migration, Borders, Integration and Activism in Europe
- UWC 5028 - Society and the Energy Transition
University-wide Courses in Winter 2023/2024:
University-wide Courses in Spring 2023/2024: